By Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean
Android Fragments is a 100-page fast commence sped up consultant to studying and speedy utilizing Android fragments. You'll easy methods to code for fragments; care for config alterations; code for normal vs. fragmented dialogs; paintings with personal tastes and saving country; paintings with the compatibility library; and deal with complicated async projects and development dialogs.
After interpreting and utilizing this ebook, that's in response to fabric from the best-selling seasoned Android, you'll be an Android UI savant. a minimum of, your apps' person interfaces and occasion dealing with may be extra aggressive and higher appearing, in particular for tablet-optimized UIs and occasions.
Read or Download Android Fragments PDF
Best programming books
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the thirteenth Agent-Oriented software program Engineering (AOSE) workshop, held on the eleventh overseas convention on self sufficient brokers and Multiagent platforms, AAMAS 2012, in Valencia, Spain, in June 2012. This quantity offers nine completely revised papers chosen from 24 submissions in addition to invited articles via best researchers within the box.
Examine C# with starting C# Object-Oriented Programming and you'll be considering software layout within the correct approach from day one. even if you must paintings with . web for the internet or computer, or for home windows eight on any gadget, Dan Clark's available, quick-paced consultant provide you with the root you wish for a profitable destiny in C# programming.
Construct powerful and scalable iOS and Mac OS X online game applications
About This Book
• discover ways to use and enforce the 23 Gang of 4 layout styles utilizing quick 2
• layout and architect your code for fast program development
• comprehend the function, known UML layout, and contributors within the type diagram of the trend by means of imposing them in a step by step approach
Who This e-book Is For
This ebook is meant for useful quick builders who are looking to practice enduring layout styles with quick to constitution and scale their program code.
What you'll Learn
• select definitely the right development counting on the matter to be solved
• comprehend the normal classification diagram of every of the 23 GoF styles and the way each one item participates within the pattern
• Use speedy to enforce those styles even supposing the language doesn't offer all the object-oriented programming suggestions comparable to summary classification, interface, and so on
• Architect your software program to prevent the overuse of reminiscence, time spent on calculations, or excessive community traffic
• locate the right way to arrange your code to make it safer from the surface world
• arrange your code to make it extra versatile whilst the shopper alterations or the third-party part hidden code changes
• constitution your code to alter the set of rules to use at runtime
• carry Flyweight accountability for your objects
Swift is a multi-paradigm language. It has expressive positive factors primary to these used to paintings with smooth useful languages, whereas additionally holding the object-oriented good points of Objective-C. It continues to be suitable with Apple's legacy codes and frameworks. A layout trend systematically names, motivates, and explains a basic layout that addresses a ordinary layout challenge in object-oriented structures. It describes the matter, the answer, while to use the answer, and its results. It additionally offers implementation tricks and examples. wisdom approximately layout styles can be one of the simplest ways to make you various in comparison to different low-level developers.
This ebook indicates you ways to take advantage of rapid 2 to profit approximately 23 Gang of 4 (GoF) layout styles, and is prepared into 3 different types. The ebook will current you the 5 creational styles, through the seven structural styles, and completing with the eleven behavioral styles as outlined via the GoF. each one bankruptcy will introduce the trend by way of defining its function, which universal difficulties the trend might be used for, its usual UML illustration, how every one items provided within the type diagram perform the trend, and what the function of every of those gadgets is. The e-book then provides you with a concrete case as an example that would be used to enforce the development utilizing Swift.
Style and approach
A step by step educational accomplished with screenshots and code highlights anywhere invaluable. every one bankruptcy discusses a number of styles with its definitions and a simple-to-follow representation case utilizing a playground or XCText venture to enforce it with fast.
This article presents the fundamental technical assistance that procedure directors have to improve to the home windows . web Server 2003 working approach.
- Modern C++ Design: Generic Programming and Design Patterns Applied (C++ In-Depth Series)
- WordPress Mobile Applications with PhoneGap
- Agile Software Development: Evaluating The Methods For Your Organization
- Creating Mashups with Adobe Flex and AIR (Friends of Ed Abobe Learning Library)
- Arduino in Action
- The Essential Guide to HTML5
Additional resources for Android Fragments
This feature is very powerful in that you can use a non-UI fragment to handle references to your data objects and background threads, and call setRetainInstance(true) on this fragment so it won’t get destroyed and re-created on a configuration change. The added bonus is that during the normal configuration change process, the non-UI fragment callbacks onDetach() and onAttach() will switch the activity reference from the old to the new. Deprecated Configuration Change Methods A couple of methods on Activity have been deprecated, so you should no longer use them: getLastNonConfigurationInstance() onRetainNonConfigurationInstance() These methods previously allowed you to save an arbitrary object from an activity that was being destroyed, to be passed to the next instance of the activity that was being created.
Listing 3-1. other activity functions } Note We provide a link to a downloadable project at the end of this chapter in the “References” section. You can use this download to experiment with the code and the concepts presented in this chapter. From Listing 3-1, the steps to show a dialog fragment are as follows: 1. Create a dialog fragment. 2. Get a fragment transaction. 3. Show the dialog using the fragment transaction from step 2. Let’s talk about each of these steps. Constructing a Dialog Fragment When constructing a dialog fragment, the rules are the same as when building any other kind of fragment.
Fragment has other subclasses: the DialogFragment, PreferenceFragment, and WebViewFragment. We’ll cover DialogFragment and PreferenceFragment in Chapters 3 and 4, respectively. Communications with Fragments Because the fragment manager knows about all fragments attached to the current activity, the activity or any fragment in that activity can ask for any other fragment using the getter methods described earlier. Once the fragment reference has been obtained, the activity or fragment could cast the reference appropriately and then call methods directly on that activity or fragment.
Android Fragments by Satya Komatineni, Dave MacLean
- Understanding and Using Advanced Statistics by Dr Jeremy J Foster, Emma Barkus, Christian Yavorsky PDF
- Download e-book for kindle: Statistics - On the Embryological Basis of Human Mortality by Pearl R.